Attorney Cory Itkin
Attorney Cory Itkin is an aggressive trial attorney who has represented clients in more than two dozen states in cases that range from offshore injuries to truck accidents to plant explosions. When clients are facing high-stakes situations, Cory is proud to be the attorney they trust. When large companies try to take advantage of regular people, Cory fights to level the playing field. He has even been involved in high-profile litigation, such as representing workers injured in the BP Deepwater Horizon explosion.
Cory firmly believes that some of his best work has been when he is facing the biggest challenges. His commitment to making a difference for clients has led to him securing jury verdicts worth more than $1 million on five separate occasions where the defendant made no settlement offer. He has also recovered several seven and eight-figure settlements on the night before trial. Cory is an aggressive negotiator but an even more fierce litigator. Because of this, the other side often realizes that it’s in its best interest to be fair so they won’t have to face Cory during a trial.
Although he is in Houston, Cory has not limited his practice to Texas. In fact, he has been able to achieve numerous settlements and verdicts worth more than $1 million throughout the country. During his legal career, he has been involved in 50+ cases where the verdict or settlement was worth more than $1 million.
Attorney Cory Itkin was proud to attend the University of Texas to receive his undergraduate degree. During his time spent at UT Austin, he remained involved in the school, serving as a representative on the Student Government and as an officer in the Silver Spurs—a student-run organization dedicated to caring for Bevo, the school's longhorn mascot. When he graduated, he enrolled in the University of Houston Law Center. There, he graduated cum laude with several distinctions underneath his belt, such as the Order of the Barons.
Cory has achieved several honors on behalf of his excellent work in the legal field. For example, he has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America® for Admiralty and Maritime Law, by Lawdragon as one of the 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers, by the American Trial Lawyers Association as one of the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" in Texas, and he has also been selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ Edition from 2010 to 2019, as well as the Super Lawyers® Up-and-Coming 100 list.
- University of Texas, B.A.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., cum laude
- Texas State Bar
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- Southern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Northern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Best Lawyers® for Admiralty and Maritime Law (2016-2022)
- Best Lawyers® for Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs (2019-2022)
- Best Lawyers® for Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs (2021-2022)
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers (2019-2020)
- Member of the Order of the Barons
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ (2010-2019)
- Super Lawyers® Up-and-Coming 100 List