Attorney Caj Boatright
Caj Boatright is an exceptional attorney because he makes a habit out of securing life-changing results for his clients. Few lawyers have tried as many cases or obtained as many multi-million dollar settlements as Caj has. What makes that more remarkable is that in his 15-year career, he has only represented plaintiffs for the last 5. Regardless, he has secured hundreds of millions for clients in a staggering amount of high-stakes cases:
- $11,000,000 judgment for a businessman cheated by a contract breach
- $10,000,000 settlement for the family of a victim in a fatal truck collision
- $10,000,000 settlement for an injured child
- $9,000,000 settlement for a severely injured oil field worker
- $6,500,000 settlement for two refinery workers exposed to harmful chemicals
- $3,000,000 settlement for a boat captain whose back was injured at sea
- $2,800,000 verdict for a dock worker who suffered an ankle injury during cargo operations
- $2,400,000 settlement for a woman after a truck backed into her
The secret to Caj’s exceptional results is the “formula” all Arnold & Itkin lawyers have made a part of their practice:
- Relentless Endurance – We outwork our opponents
- Extensive Preparation – We don’t bluff; all our cases are trial-ready
- Unwavering Dedication – Our goal is your maximum recovery
- Unrivaled Resources – We have won against the world’s largest opponents
- Extensive Skill & Experience – The courtroom has been our domain for years
Caj’s practice is built on his finely-tuned sense of justice for his clients. His passion is holding negligent and reckless companies accountable for their conduct, which is why he ceaselessly fights for the maximum possible recovery for his clients. He also believes that trying cases before a jury is the best way for his clients to get what they need.
His remarkable legal career has been marked by multiple honors and awards. These include multiple selections to the Texas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars™, designation as a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer in America,” and even the “Top Professional on the Fast Track” award from H Texas Magazine. For his incredible results, he was offered exclusive membership in the Million Dollar Advocates and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®. In addition, he was selected for the list for Best Lawyers in America® for Admiralty and Maritime Law.
One of Caj’s primary strengths as a lawyer is his wide range of experience in the field. He spent four years at one of the most well-respected firms in Texas practicing complex commercial litigation and appellate law. He spent an additional five years overseeing some of Exxon Mobil’s most important cases, entrusted with cases worth billions of dollars. He also clerked for the Honorable Reynaldo Garza on the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Today, he applies his vast knowledge to representing the injured and grieving.
Caj was raised in a small town in western Texas named Sweetwater. A lifelong Texas resident, he attended Southwestern University for his undergraduate degree and the University of Texas School of Law for his law degree. He attended law school alongside Kurt and Jason, and eventually became the first attorney to join the firm after its founding. When not litigating cases, Caj spends time with his wife Jodi and their three children. Together, they attend sporting events, enjoy the outdoors, attend Kingwood United Methodist Church, and volunteer for Young Life.
B.A. in History & Political Science, cum laude
- University of Texas Law School, J.D.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Texas Eastern District Court
- Texas Northern District Court
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Pennsylvania
- Best Lawyers® for Admiralty and Maritime Law (2017-2021)
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ (2005-2006, 2015-2016)
- "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" - National Trial Lawyers
- "Top Lawyers for the People" from H Texas Magazine
- "Top Professional on the Fast Track" from H Texas Magazine
- Member of the Million & Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®