Attorney Jason Itkin
In an era where most cases settle, Jason Itkin is proud to be a trial lawyer who isn't afraid to take a case to trial if the other side isn’t being fair. Throughout his legal career, Jason has won billions for his clients. He never takes what happened to clients lightly and always fights to obtain the best results for their situation.
Jason has been a part of more than 25 verdicts where his clients won more than $1 million. Those verdicts include a $117 million verdict in Louisiana (which is the largest single-event personal injury verdict in the state’s history) and a record-setting $41 million verdict in Hawaii. Jason has also helped settle more than 100 separate cases for $1 million or more, including several cases in excess of $10 million. In the last year alone, Jason has won more than $1 billion in verdicts and settlements for his clients. Jason won these victories in courtrooms across the country—having represented clients in all 50 states.
His trial experience has earned him a national reputation among his peers and respect from the opponents who’ve faced him in court. In 2013, Jason was invited to become the youngest member of the Inner Circle of Advocates. The Inner Circle is an invitation-only group that honors the 100 best plaintiff trial attorneys in the nation. He has been repeatedly selected to various Super Lawyer lists and was honored as one of Houston’s top business leaders under the age of 40. Jason Itkin’s commitment to winning for his clients has led to more than 200 different attorneys hiring Arnold & Itkin LLP as co-counsel.
Importantly, Jason is a trusted advocate for workers injured while offshore. His maritime law results show that he’s a lawyer focused on making sure clients are treated right and that they have a fighting chance against some of the largest companies in the world.
Jason has been asked to work on the country’s primetime cases. If a case is in the news, Jason has likely been asked to help. Jason successfully represented the families who lost husbands and fathers when the El Faro cargo ship sank in a hurricane. After the Deepwater Horizon explosion, more injured workers trusted Jason over any other lawyer to handle their cases.
As a long-time resident of Texas, Jason attended the University of Texas, where he graduated with Special Honors in the Plan II Honors Program. He then graduated from the University of Texas Law School with Honors. While at UT, Jason earned the Dean's Achievement Award in Professional Responsibility and served as President of the Silver Spurs.
He is licensed to practice law in Texas, Pennsylvania, and before the Second and Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal, as well as before the U.S. Supreme Court. Jason has helped clients with situations that range from maritime accidents to industrial accidents to complex business disputes.
Jason has achieved record-breaking settlements because knowledgeable companies recognize that the outcome of a trial against Jason will result in a financial disaster. Recently, Jason tried a case where an insurance company refused to offer a fair settlement to his client. The company’s short-sighted position changed once Jason finished cross-examining the company’s “star witness.” After the questioning, the company fired its long-time lawyer. The next day, the company settled the case for nearly double what Jason’s client would have settled for in the pretrial stage. The company also formally apologized to Jason’s client for their mistake. This is what happens when you’re an attorney who refuses to back down from the results that clients deserve, no matter what.
Jason is married to Kisha Itkin, president of Theorem Vineyards. Together, with their daughter Alia and son Aric, the Itkins are active members and proud supporters of the Houston and Napa communities. When he isn’t helping clients, Jason and his wife assist with numerous community projects, both individually and through the Arnold & Itkin Foundation.
- University of Texas, B.A. with Special Honors
- University of Texas Law School, J.D. with Honors
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Pennsylvania
- Member of the Inner Circle of Advocates
- Best Lawyers® for Admiralty and Maritime Law (2018-2022)
- Best Lawyers® for Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs (2018-2022)
- Best Lawyers® for Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs (2022)
- Texas Super Lawyers® (2013-2018)
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ (2005, 2007-2013)
- Top 100: Houston Super Lawyers (2017-2018)
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America (2017-2020)
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers (2019-2020)
- Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- The National Law Journal’s Elite Trial Lawyer Top 50 List
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers
- Top Lawyers for the People from H Texas Magazines
- Member of Million Dollar & Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- 40 Under 40 by the Houston Business Journal (2011)