Attorney Rebecca Adams
Rebecca “Becky” Adams is an exceptional individual, both as an attorney and as a veteran. Before committing her practice to the protection of plaintiffs, Becky worked in commercial litigation at some of the most renowned firms in the nation. She previously worked a Houston trial boutique, as well as one of the largest powerhouse firms in the world (located in Washington, D.C.). She also clerked for some of the highest legal offices in her home state of California.
Becky has clerked for:
- The California Attorney General’s Office
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (in NYC)
- The U.S. Attorney of Northern California
As a native Californian, Becky studied law at Stanford University, serving as an editor for the Stanford Journal of Law, Business, & Finance. She also graduated from Stanford with Pro Bono Distinction for her extensive public service while earning her law degree. As a veteran, she was also the Communications Director for the Stanford Law Veterans Organization.
For her undergraduate journey, Becky took a different path than most—she earned her bachelor’s at the U.S. Naval Academy, graduating with a degree in History with Merit. She earned her officer’s commission at the same time, and after graduation served as a Weapons Officer on the U.S.S. Rushmore (LSD-47) from July 2007 to 2009. She served in the Arabian Gulf, leading a division of 18 sailors in the War on Terror.
During her second tour, she served as an Exercise Planner and Operations Officer at the Mine Countermeasures Squadron One and Division Three One (MCMRON 1 & MCMDIV 31). She coordinated massive, complex international training exercises between nations such as Canada, South Korean, Japan, Singapore, Australia, and Panama. She also trained multinational forces in wartime exercises and in providing humanitarian assistance.
In 2012 Becky left active duty to pursue her lifelong dream: law. She enrolled in Stanford Law, but she maintains a rank of Lieutenant Commander in the Navy’s Individual Ready Reserve.
Her military service earned Becky multiple awards, including:
- Navy & Marine Corps. Commendation Medal
- 3 Navy & Marine Corps. Achievement Medals
- Global War on Terror Expeditionary Medal
- Navy Sea Service Deployment Ribbon
In her spare time, Becky loves exploring Houston and listening to live country music. She and her husband Josh are often found cheering for her alma maters football teams or getting involved at Houston First Baptist Church.
- “Special Appearance,” The Advocate, Fall 2015 (co-author)
- “Nonparty Discovery in Texas: An Overview for Practitioners,” The State Bar of Texas, 38th Annual Advanced Civil Trial Course, 2015 (coauthor)
- "CFPB Enforcement By the Numbers," Latham & Watkins Client Alert, 2014, (contributor)
- "I Love You, I Love You Not: Texas Courts’ Treatment of Delaware Law on Derivative Claims," Professional Liability Insurance Committee Newsletter published by the ABA Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice, Summer 2016 (author)
- United States Naval Academy
- Stanford Law School
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of California
- D.C. Bar
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Navy Sea Service Deployment Ribbon.